Wednesday 5 July 2006

The last song














Just a few hours more with you
And I am goanna fly away
To a distant land
Perhaps never to return

I want the most of you
As life is short
Not to be wasted
In misunderstandings,hurt feelings

Who is right, who is wrong
Who is lazy, who is crazy
Who loves , who does not care

Ordinary mortals we are
Time is goanna snatch
The precious life forever
Putting us in the endless sea of death


A few hours more with you
And I am goanna fly away
You shared my joys
You shared my sorrows
Now give me a helping hand
While I am falling apart
And hold me tight
While my bones crumble
Because only in your arms
I would rest in peace forever
Bury me there
Just a few hours moreā€¦

7 Comments:

Blogger Crunchy Weta said...

I often think how much easier it is for the one leaving, having no familiar surrounds to attach memories to. A moving human story.
Cheers
Glenn
goanna = gonna i think - although it reminds me of an old advertisement on the radio here
(in an Australian accent)..Goanna.. I bet she's seen a Cockatoo.

5/7/06 12:28 pm  
Blogger White Square said...

Hi Glenn,
Thank you so much...
I wonder if animals too feel that way as they can not express themselves in poetic verses but I am sure they too do about meeting and parting...they too have memories...
I gonna agree with you..
cheers!

5/7/06 4:44 pm  
Blogger ozymandiaz said...

On that note, I listened to a report on NPR this morning about the empathy of mammals and how there is a growing body of evidence supporting it. Most recently they have shown that mice empathize with familiar mice. Moreover, most primates show an empathy for other animals in general. Cool stuff, hugh?

5/7/06 6:04 pm  
Blogger White Square said...

Hi Ozy,
more and more stories suggest that animals have many ablilities that we do not take notice of. Germany has introduced Animal Rights in the country and the European Union is moving in the right direction...

5/7/06 7:26 pm  
Blogger Ekta said...

Awwwww!
Thats a touchy post...guess ur going away from the lady u love!?:-(
Well guess all I can say is...I pray and hope things work out...lovely poem!

6/7/06 8:23 am  
Blogger rachana said...

hi abhay....on a lighter note..(according to 3 of ur posts)
You waited a lot for her,,spent a summer eveing together and now the departing time!!!
everything is so soon.....
best luck!!

6/7/06 8:52 am  
Blogger White Square said...

hahaha!
Hi Rachana,
I wrote the last and the first of the three last year and the second one a months back...
but its amazing the way you see them...very logical very beautiful..
best wishes!

6/7/06 4:15 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home