Sunday 17 September 2006

A teen of thirteen(Ringing of the Bards)

This poem is written for the Ringing of the Bards(Poetry Carnival) on the theme of Thirteen and the poem has only thirteen lines.













There was a time
When I was a teen of thirteen
Full of dreams and fantasies
Just waiting to win the world
To reach deep corners of the universe
Life was a joy each moment each day
Since then thirteen years have passed
Now I am a young man of twenty-six
But I am always in a fix
How to live my dreams
How to win the world
That I had dreamed

As an innocent teen of thirteen

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

Nice poem, with the contrasts of then and now.

17/9/06 6:10 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

wonderful poem!!!!

17/9/06 9:44 pm  
Blogger White Square said...

Thank you so much Tara...its so nice of you!

Hi Purvi,
thank you so much! I am sure you are studying well. Its really great that you read my poems as well...
best wishes!

18/9/06 12:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess we never reach the glory of those longago dreams, but stark reality is a pretty good rush. ;)

19/9/06 1:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the dreams of youth.

How backward the world is. We should be born old and get younger, stronger, more innocent and more hopeful with every passing year.

Finally, we'd be children in our old age, cared for by parents for whom nothing would be too much.

Age is so cruel - isn't it?

26/9/06 2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home