Tuesday 6 June 2006

An ode to a princess

Featured in www.101poets.com as An ode to a princess













You are not an ordinary princess
Of some kingdom or monarch
You are the princess of my heart
My soul

Time is passing by fast
And you know
My body will not last
Leaving behind my soul to wander

So surrender I do
In front of you
For there lies my shelter, my home
A soul to call my own

Real world is a myth, a lie
How beautiful is our world
Where we love and never die!


© 2005-2006Abhay Kumar

4 Comments:

Blogger paris parfait said...

Beautiful poem, Abhay. I'm amazed by how you consistently come up with such wonderful, thoughtful poems. Well done, you!

6/6/06 3:10 am  
Blogger White Square said...

Thank you so much Paris,
I really admire your regular visits here..thats amazing..

Hi Gret's place,
Thank you so much..for your beautiful words and visiting me regularly..

6/6/06 12:50 pm  
Blogger Billy Jones said...

Great work, and welcome to Poets101.com.

And thanks for the link.
-Billy Jones, Editor Poets101.com

7/6/06 4:46 pm  
Blogger White Square said...

Thank you so much Billy,
Welcome to I&U,
I am honored by your comment here..
and thanks for putting my work on Poets101.com

7/6/06 8:57 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home